LAST REVISED AND EFFECTIVE AS OF NOVEMBER 1, 2019
Truwhip will transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merge with another company.
Data Retention: We will retain your personally identifiable information for only as long as your account is open or for only as long as needed for our purposes, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
- billing information is retained for a period of 7 years as of their provision to Truwhip in accordance with United States accounting and taxation laws; and
- information on legal transactions between you and Truwhip is retained for a period of 10 years as of their provision to
Options: You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Truwhip Sites, in which case Truwhip may not be able to provide certain services to you. You can unsubscribe your information at any time. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that Truwhip may have collected. Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request from a California resident to delete the consumer’s personal information, Truwhip shall delete the consumer’s personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the consumer’s personal information from their records UNLESS it is necessary for Truwhip to maintain the consumer’s personal information for one of the reasons delineated in Section 1798.105 of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
Upon receipt of a verifiable request from a California resident requesting such information, Truwhip shall disclose to the consumer the following:
(1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
(5) The specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about that consumer.
The methods for submitting requests for information required to be disclosed pursuant to this Policy and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 are (1) 800-727-9939, and (2) www.truwhip.com.
Confidentiality: If Truwhip learns of a security systems breach in which your personally identifiable information is disclosed in violation of law, then we will follow applicable legal requirements relative to notifying you of the breach. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
(1) Denying goods or services to the consumer.
(2) Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
(3) Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, if the consumer exercises the consumer’s rights under this title.
(4) Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Privacy for Children: Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Truwhip does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Truwhip Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Truwhip Sites at any time or in any manner. If Truwhip learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Truwhip Sites without verified parental consent, then Truwhip will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.