Cupcake Pumpkin Patch
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 1/2 cups (192g) regular all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (108g) granulated white sugar (I used pure cane sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup (240g) FULL-FAT coconut milk, room temp! (SEE DIRECTIONS & NOTE)
- 2 tablespoons (40g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tub truwhip Vegan
- This recipe requires the full-fat coconut milk in order to work properly with the fluffy moist texture. It CANNOT be subbed. Other milks will yield a drier and very chewy texture.
FOR THE GRAVEYARD:
- Green Apple Twizzlers (pumpkin stalks)
- Pull Apart Watermelon Twizzlers (pumpkin vines)
- Vegan chocolate cookie crumble (dirt)
- Craft fencing and food-safe other garnishes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners to help prevent sticking.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk thoroughly.
- To a separate bowl, scrape all of the full-fat coconut milk out of the can (all the cream and water) and whisk well so that it is completely smooth. The fat tends to separate from the water and sometimes be lumpy. Therefore, it’s crucial that it is mixed BEFORE adding to the cake batter, so you get the correct fat amount and the cupcakes turn out right.
- To a medium bowl, add 1 cup of coconut milk, syrup, vanilla and vinegar. Stir until smooth. Slowly pour the liquids over the dry ingredients as you whisk the mixture gently until the batter is smooth and no longer lumpy. You want it smooth but be careful about over-mixing or it can make the cupcakes chewy.
- Divide the batter into the 12 liners. The batter will only fill about half way up, so don’t be tempted to use fewer liners and overfill them. The cupcakes will rise A LOT! Pick up the pan and jiggle it side to side to allow the cupcake batter to naturally flatten out on the tops.
- Bake for 15 minutes OR UNTIL the toothpick is clean. A few DRY crumbs are ok. They should rise fluffy, golden and perfect.
- Top cooled cupcakes with truwhip vegan & decorate!
post your truwhip creations with
we love an empty truwhip tub!
recycle tip #14
See some more.