Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 nine-inch (9”) pie crusts of your choice
- 2 lbs. purple sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp tapioca starch
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- truwhip Vegan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pie crust. Keep the crust refrigerated until ready to bake.
2. Boil sweet potatoes until soft and drain. Transfer to a food processor.
3. Add the almond milk, sugar, starch, syrup and spices to the food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Pour pie filling into prepared crust and add decorative top crust.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes. The center should have a little movement but be fully set. Watch the crust—if it begins to brown you can place foil around it to keep from burning.
6. Once cooled, cut a slice and top with truwhip Vegan!
post your truwhip creations with
we love an empty truwhip tub!
recycle tip #14