Chocolate Whip Freezer Pie
DARK CHOCOLATE CRUST:
- Dark chocolate wafer cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 ounces frozen truwhip topping, thawed
- Wholly Wholesome Readybake crust (or, one dark chocolate cookie crust-see below)
- shaved dark chocolate curls (optional)
1: Grind wafers in a blender until you have a total of 1 and 1/4 cups of crumbs. Place in bowl with melted butter and mix.
2: Press into a pie plate or 9” spring-form pan with a fork and smooth surface with a spoon. Place in freezer to set until use.
1: Place chocolate chips and 1/4 cup half and half into a microwave-safe glass bowl. Melt for 30 seconds or until easy to mix, then whisk until blended.
2: Place cream cheese and sugar into an electric mixer bowl and beat until fluffy. Add the remaining 1/4 cup half and half along with the melted chocolate and beat until smooth. Gently fold in the truwhip with a spatula until fully combined.
3: Pour filling into the pie shell or cookie crust and spread evenly. Shave dark chocolate liberally on the surface. Place in freezer until firm, 3-4 hours.
4: Thaw slightly before serving.
post your truwhip creations with
we love an empty truwhip tub!
recycle tip #14